Since the internet has been down for a number of weeks now, there have been a few things we wanted to say about what we were up to but were not able to. One of the early successes we had was the connect of the Simrad equipment to the monitor. We had just set up the Structure Scan and the Broadband sonar monitor and we were tired of checking out the bottom of the marina under the boat, so we decided to check out a wreck off the coast of Miri that was marked and we knew the location. It was a quick trip out to the wreck and set out scanning the sea floor to get an image of the wreck on our scanner. After numerous passes for over an hour we finally located the wreck and the images we got were amazing in their detail. Pleased with this success, we headed back under sail for a leisurely cruise. Unfortunately, we were running the batteries down without the engine on and the starter batteries would not start the engine, so we started the generator. This highlighted the problem with the heat exchanger, which was the beginning of our problems with the generator. A squall descended upon us before we could get the engines started so we had to ride out the storm outside before limping back into the marina on the port engine.
Today we finally got the starboard engine purring like a kitten with a new fuel pump, so now we just have to get the generator squared away.